Of Muses And Other Ghosts
This Is My Goodbye
Again, the same hug from long ago
happened today, accidentally
for a second. making one from two.
The shyness on your cheeks
made me realize, your lips,
though they're not cruel,
will always elude mine,
with the same amount of pride
that locked your heart
beneath a mountain of rocks,
that pyramid made,
for gods and goddesses.
But don't fret,
it's only paper that I give you (more or less)
stained with cheap, blue ink.
A few words are not enough,
To describe the threads connecting me to you,
I should give you more,
so much more,
but it would be a mistake, to say,
more than paper can hold.
It would be cruel to do it again.
Here, in this point of my life,
in this place,
I am saying goodbye.
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This Is My Goodbye by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker