Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid
The Big Bang Theory.
Cream and sugar in coffee.
Running into the women's bathroom
While the Men's is being cleaned
At a Catholic Grandmother's convention
Votka for breakfast. (without tomato juice and celery stalk.)
Tequila is better
Streaking at the beach (outside the convention center though)
When your knees are shot
And WWII vets can actually chase you down.
Beans for breakfast
If they can't see you, they will hear you (and smell you)
Family Dollar stores, without benefit of an enterpreter.
Might as well avoid the Tequila too
That and these damned sand dunes really slowed me down.
5/5/14 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak