Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid
The Big Bang Theory.
Cream and sugar in coffee.
Running into the women's bathroom
While the Men's is being cleaned
At a Catholic Grandmother's convention
Votka for breakfast. (without tomato juice and celery stalk.)
Tequila is better
Streaking at the beach (outside the convention center though)
When your knees are shot
And WWII vets can actually chase you down.
Beans for breakfast
If they can't see you, they will hear you (and smell you)
Family Dollar stores, without benefit of an enterpreter.
Might as well avoid the Tequila too
That and these damned sand dunes really slowed me down.
5/5/14 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid by Juan Olivarez )
Did you read them?
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)