Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid
The Big Bang Theory.
Cream and sugar in coffee.
Running into the women's bathroom
While the Men's is being cleaned
At a Catholic Grandmother's convention
Votka for breakfast. (without tomato juice and celery stalk.)
Tequila is better
Streaking at the beach (outside the convention center though)
When your knees are shot
And WWII vets can actually chase you down.
Beans for breakfast
If they can't see you, they will hear you (and smell you)
Family Dollar stores, without benefit of an enterpreter.
Might as well avoid the Tequila too
That and these damned sand dunes really slowed me down.
5/5/14 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Things All Rational Human Beings Should Avoid by Juan Olivarez )
Did you read them?
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
- Halloween Night, Neela Nath
- The Power Of Faith!, Tom Zart
- Desacralized..., Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- Pay attention, gajanan mishra
- The Sun Has Collapsed, Naveed Akram
Poem of the Day
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(20 August 1948)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)