There was no other way
Take it away Father, Take it away
Remove this dreadful cup from Me I pray.
Is there another way, some other way?
Please don't let me go there, Father I pray.
There's no other way Dear, no other way
For You're the Only One able to pay.
What can I say My Love? What can I say?
There's no other way Son, no other way.
Your will be done Father, Your will be done
I'll do it My Father. I will not run
I'll climb the hill Father, right to the cross
I'll give my life Father, to save the lost.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, 'Pray that you will not fall into temptation.' He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.' An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
Comments about this poem (There was no other way by Royston Allen )
- An ugly sniper, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- AAA, Vera Sidhwa
- my love to you is simple, James Berth
- Ebola, Stephen Wylie
- To the occupied lands' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- colorblind, James Berth
- Why Didn't They Meet?, Lora Colon
- Longing for Love, Brenda Harris
- closed shop, lee fones
- Gentle Night The wick Has Burned, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Eat That Pussy, Anuj Tikku
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)