There was no other way
Take it away Father, Take it away
Remove this dreadful cup from Me I pray.
Is there another way, some other way?
Please don't let me go there, Father I pray.
There's no other way Dear, no other way
For You're the Only One able to pay.
What can I say My Love? What can I say?
There's no other way Son, no other way.
Your will be done Father, Your will be done
I'll do it My Father. I will not run
I'll climb the hill Father, right to the cross
I'll give my life Father, to save the lost.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, 'Pray that you will not fall into temptation.' He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.' An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
Comments about this poem (There was no other way by Royston Allen )
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav