There's No Other Like A Mother
The Universe has stars galore
And planets, moons and suns,
Yet anywhere you might explore,
This truth stands out at once -
A mother's love transcends them all,
No matter where Man goes,
That's why in wonder we recall
What each blessed child now knows...
Each righteous mother says her prayers,
Which angels fly above,
So God the Father then compares
His plans with those they love...
If He decides He can agree,
Then signs and wonders bloom,
Defeating doubts and misery
And overcoming gloom...
For mothers see the aches and pains
Their young ones have to face,
Yet even then their faith remains
In search of further grace...
While life's a journey, young or old,
The path each pilgrim takes,
A mother's love stays good as gold,
Thank God, for all our sakes...
No wonder God has ears to hear
The precious prayers each day,
Of those who nurture and would rear
Young children on their way...
And long may God continue to
Reward each righteous heart,
So that each time He helps them through,
They say, 'How great Thou art...'
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for their new poetry anthology, Essence of Love.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (There's No Other Like A Mother by Denis Martindale )
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)