There's No Other Like A Mother
The Universe has stars galore
And planets, moons and suns,
Yet anywhere you might explore,
This truth stands out at once -
A mother's love transcends them all,
No matter where Man goes,
That's why in wonder we recall
What each blessed child now knows...
Each righteous mother says her prayers,
Which angels fly above,
So God the Father then compares
His plans with those they love...
If He decides He can agree,
Then signs and wonders bloom,
Defeating doubts and misery
And overcoming gloom...
For mothers see the aches and pains
Their young ones have to face,
Yet even then their faith remains
In search of further grace...
While life's a journey, young or old,
The path each pilgrim takes,
A mother's love stays good as gold,
Thank God, for all our sakes...
No wonder God has ears to hear
The precious prayers each day,
Of those who nurture and would rear
Young children on their way...
And long may God continue to
Reward each righteous heart,
So that each time He helps them through,
They say, 'How great Thou art...'
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for their new poetry anthology, Essence of Love.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (There's No Other Like A Mother by Denis Martindale )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)