There's No Other Like A Mother
The Universe has stars galore
And planets, moons and suns,
Yet anywhere you might explore,
This truth stands out at once -
A mother's love transcends them all,
No matter where Man goes,
That's why in wonder we recall
What each blessed child now knows...
Each righteous mother says her prayers,
Which angels fly above,
So God the Father then compares
His plans with those they love...
If He decides He can agree,
Then signs and wonders bloom,
Defeating doubts and misery
And overcoming gloom...
For mothers see the aches and pains
Their young ones have to face,
Yet even then their faith remains
In search of further grace...
While life's a journey, young or old,
The path each pilgrim takes,
A mother's love stays good as gold,
Thank God, for all our sakes...
No wonder God has ears to hear
The precious prayers each day,
Of those who nurture and would rear
Young children on their way...
And long may God continue to
Reward each righteous heart,
So that each time He helps them through,
They say, 'How great Thou art...'
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for their new poetry anthology, Essence of Love.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (There's No Other Like A Mother by Denis Martindale )
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)