There's No Other Like A Mother
The Universe has stars galore
And planets, moons and suns,
Yet anywhere you might explore,
This truth stands out at once -
A mother's love transcends them all,
No matter where Man goes,
That's why in wonder we recall
What each blessed child now knows...
Each righteous mother says her prayers,
Which angels fly above,
So God the Father then compares
His plans with those they love...
If He decides He can agree,
Then signs and wonders bloom,
Defeating doubts and misery
And overcoming gloom...
For mothers see the aches and pains
Their young ones have to face,
Yet even then their faith remains
In search of further grace...
While life's a journey, young or old,
The path each pilgrim takes,
A mother's love stays good as gold,
Thank God, for all our sakes...
No wonder God has ears to hear
The precious prayers each day,
Of those who nurture and would rear
Young children on their way...
And long may God continue to
Reward each righteous heart,
So that each time He helps them through,
They say, 'How great Thou art...'
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for their new poetry anthology, Essence of Love.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (There's No Other Like A Mother by Denis Martindale )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver