The World We Live In
Why don’t we all take a hard look at the world we live in.
Why is it that we have all the hate not love,
Why is there all ways room for war, not peace?
Why is it that no one ever thinks about the consequences of their actions?
Is this what it has come to?
Why don’t we all take time to think about each other?
We are surrounded by so much beauty but no one takes the time to appreciate it.
We are all so busy with our lives, too busy to even notice
as life passes by,
Days become weeks, weeks become months and months become years.
yet there is no difference in the world.
Why is our world filled with corruption, destruction, poverty and many other endless things.
It makes me wonder, have we all given up?
Haven’t we learnt a lesson yet?
The world that we live in, is it too late to change it?
Or are we so far gone, that change has just become a mirage.
let us all have some hope and pray for peace
and may god bless our soul,
Because the world we live in isn’t going to last much longer.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World We Live In by zainab zaheen )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Indira Renganathan
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)