The New Beginning
Is this how the New Year is going to be?
Now we live in a world
where we don't know when will disaster strikes us.
With new technology
more disastrous weapons of mass destruction are made.
With advancing armies preparing for war.
I wish the world leaders would make Peace with each other.
And hope they use that money to feed the poor
and the places where there is famine.
I wish that all the troubles and pains of the people would go away.
The people who are homeless would have decent homes to live in.
I hope all the people would have their rights and dignity back.
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Zainab Zaheen, © 2011, All rights reserved
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The New Beginning by zainab zaheen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea