Obed dela Cruz
The World's #1 Criminal
There is a criminal behind
Causing all the world's misfortune.
There will be a day we'll find
The person behind his disguise.
But today he is out there
Campaigning his own ideas.
He appears to be noble
As if he has all the virtues.
Tomorrow he will do something
Before the eyes of the world
And he will be highly praised;
His critics shall be shut up.
But he will not last in time
For his end is very certain.
The evidence of his crime
Will be found and used against him.
And we'll be here to see this
Sometime after a few years.
(March 23,2013; Marikina City)
Copyright © 2013 by Prince Obed de la Cruz
(Author's email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World's #1 Criminal by Obed dela Cruz )
- pillow cases are never solved, Mandolyn ...
- Infanticide, Saiom Shriver
- Haiku ' Marsh', miken newman
- Halloween Wind, Rhonda Baker
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Little Song Of Life, Lizette Woodworth Reese
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(18 November 1939)