Obed dela Cruz
After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This
Such loud thunders of a storm have now passed
But all of these things we've surely surpassed;
No storm or typhoon can break our strong bones,
No wind or force can destroy our firm homes.
We face each day with unity and smiles,
With our clean shoes and sandals, we've walked miles.
True, many have died but many have lived.
See truth's hope and don't be by lies deceived.
From the mud we rose and touch happiness.
Consider this as a way to greatness,
For we learned more to care for each other
And cherish this reunion forever.
Be on guard, don't let fear overtake you.
Keep in mind that our days are always new.
Nothing can ever take away our strength,
Our days are always good and long in length.
Let's embrace this day and embrace the new sun
Always remember that battles are won!
After the storm was gone I now write this,
I'm your friend mostly in times like this!
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This by Obed dela Cruz )
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)