Obed dela Cruz
After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This
Such loud thunders of a storm have now passed
But all of these things we've surely surpassed;
No storm or typhoon can break our strong bones,
No wind or force can destroy our firm homes.
We face each day with unity and smiles,
With our clean shoes and sandals, we've walked miles.
True, many have died but many have lived.
See truth's hope and don't be by lies deceived.
From the mud we rose and touch happiness.
Consider this as a way to greatness,
For we learned more to care for each other
And cherish this reunion forever.
Be on guard, don't let fear overtake you.
Keep in mind that our days are always new.
Nothing can ever take away our strength,
Our days are always good and long in length.
Let's embrace this day and embrace the new sun
Always remember that battles are won!
After the storm was gone I now write this,
I'm your friend mostly in times like this!
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This by Obed dela Cruz )
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI