Obed dela Cruz
After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This
Such loud thunders of a storm have now passed
But all of these things we've surely surpassed;
No storm or typhoon can break our strong bones,
No wind or force can destroy our firm homes.
We face each day with unity and smiles,
With our clean shoes and sandals, we've walked miles.
True, many have died but many have lived.
See truth's hope and don't be by lies deceived.
From the mud we rose and touch happiness.
Consider this as a way to greatness,
For we learned more to care for each other
And cherish this reunion forever.
Be on guard, don't let fear overtake you.
Keep in mind that our days are always new.
Nothing can ever take away our strength,
Our days are always good and long in length.
Let's embrace this day and embrace the new sun
Always remember that battles are won!
After the storm was gone I now write this,
I'm your friend mostly in times like this!
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Storm Was Gone I Now Write This by Obed dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Victory is ours, gajanan mishra
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara