The Winsome Heart Of Love
The dream began, I saw the Lord,
Blessed by the Holy Ghost,
His winsome heart of love assured,
Christ flew from coast to coast...
To rescue Man from sin's control,
Full pardon to bestow,
That's why He prayed for each lost soul,
That Gospel faith might grow...
His outstretched hands were bathed in light,
With miracles in wait,
To overcome the darkest night
That brought both doubt and hate...
And timed exactly for each cause
That set each captive free,
To open fast their prison doors,
His love, the only key...
And in His wake, Man's praises rose,
Ascending to the sky,
For faith brings Winter to a close,
Like March when it's marched by...
When Christ becomes the Sinner's friend
Forever and a day,
That's when the Bible can present
More than its words could say...
Because the Father has prepared
A feast around His Throne,
The Saviour's gathered all who cared,
No more to weep or groan...
For Heaven waits the faithful child,
The woman and the man
Who trust what Christ has reconciled
Through God's triumphant plan...
His winsome heart of love once died
That God could then forgive!
Christ crucified will stay and guide
The life you're meant to live...
So if the Saviour visits you
And knocks upon your door,
Your heart will know and tell you true,
To welcome Him for sure...
Denis Martindale, copyright, March 2014.
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for 2014 poetry anthology, Love Is In The Air.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Winsome Heart Of Love by Denis Martindale )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Poe's Venture, Folayemi Akande
- Our Loving, Caring God, Dr John Celes
- Momentary Separation, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Divine Bond, Md. Ziaul Haque
- SERENDIPITY, Aminath Neena
- To Be Intelligent, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Youth, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Prosetic [Prosaic + Poetic], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Love for You is Reborn, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kindness, Reagan A. Latumbo