The Winsome Heart Of Love
The dream began, I saw the Lord,
Blessed by the Holy Ghost,
His winsome heart of love assured,
Christ flew from coast to coast...
To rescue Man from sin's control,
Full pardon to bestow,
That's why He prayed for each lost soul,
That Gospel faith might grow...
His outstretched hands were bathed in light,
With miracles in wait,
To overcome the darkest night
That brought both doubt and hate...
And timed exactly for each cause
That set each captive free,
To open fast their prison doors,
His love, the only key...
And in His wake, Man's praises rose,
Ascending to the sky,
For faith brings Winter to a close,
Like March when it's marched by...
When Christ becomes the Sinner's friend
Forever and a day,
That's when the Bible can present
More than its words could say...
Because the Father has prepared
A feast around His Throne,
The Saviour's gathered all who cared,
No more to weep or groan...
For Heaven waits the faithful child,
The woman and the man
Who trust what Christ has reconciled
Through God's triumphant plan...
His winsome heart of love once died
That God could then forgive!
Christ crucified will stay and guide
The life you're meant to live...
So if the Saviour visits you
And knocks upon your door,
Your heart will know and tell you true,
To welcome Him for sure...
Denis Martindale, copyright, March 2014.
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for 2014 poetry anthology, Love Is In The Air.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Winsome Heart Of Love by Denis Martindale )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)