The Winsome Heart Of Love
The dream began, I saw the Lord,
Blessed by the Holy Ghost,
His winsome heart of love assured,
Christ flew from coast to coast...
To rescue Man from sin's control,
Full pardon to bestow,
That's why He prayed for each lost soul,
That Gospel faith might grow...
His outstretched hands were bathed in light,
With miracles in wait,
To overcome the darkest night
That brought both doubt and hate...
And timed exactly for each cause
That set each captive free,
To open fast their prison doors,
His love, the only key...
And in His wake, Man's praises rose,
Ascending to the sky,
For faith brings Winter to a close,
Like March when it's marched by...
When Christ becomes the Sinner's friend
Forever and a day,
That's when the Bible can present
More than its words could say...
Because the Father has prepared
A feast around His Throne,
The Saviour's gathered all who cared,
No more to weep or groan...
For Heaven waits the faithful child,
The woman and the man
Who trust what Christ has reconciled
Through God's triumphant plan...
His winsome heart of love once died
That God could then forgive!
Christ crucified will stay and guide
The life you're meant to live...
So if the Saviour visits you
And knocks upon your door,
Your heart will know and tell you true,
To welcome Him for sure...
Denis Martindale, copyright, March 2014.
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Poem accepted by Forward Poetry UK Publishers
for 2014 poetry anthology, Love Is In The Air.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Winsome Heart Of Love by Denis Martindale )
- Beauty Supply, Lee Ann Brown
- Suffering the Unattainable, David Dodd Lee
- Nature and Its Simple ways, Rohit Sapra
- Snowy Owl Goddess, Diane Wakoski
- Much Tattooed Sailor Aboard USS New Jersey, Jehanne Dubrow
- The Ruined Church, David Lewis Paget
- Farewell, Damir Lemaic
- Lovely test, hasmukh amathalal
- The Black 'n White Of It..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Living by hoping, Trong Phan
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Balade of Complaint, Geoffrey Chaucer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)