The Window of Vulnerability
Sure today it could come in a fast plane
named perhaps for the pilot's mother,
the city ends in a smear in the road
and that in a child's shoe. No one
will say aboard the Missouri all these
proceedings are now closed, by nightfall
hours beyond zero no one remarks
it was grey, it had no beauty at all.
Now what to do with these postal districts
drifting downwind? It would be
routine enough on the autopilot,
flying home till there's no home to fly to.
Ken Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Window of Vulnerability by Ken Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery