Lorcelie A Tenorio
The Waves Along The Shore
I walked and left footprints along the shore
But the waves washed away the footprints I made before
My hands were cold, my heart was numb
I didn’t want to feel anything anymore.
But as I hear the roaring sounds of the sea
I can feel the love and anger deep within me
The love I thought would never end
When I met you when I was on a bend.
I wondered if you’ll feel the same…
A love that will stay till the end
I tried to forget the little anger I felt
Coz I know you’ve said those things you’ve never meant
You are mixed up like what you said
And I am too, when I answered
As days go by, I learned to love you more
And I was afraid what will happen….
Like what love did before
But I set aside those fears coz I know
That maybe one day… you’ll love me more.
As I strolled back to the shore I have been
I felt a big difference from within
You were gentle touching the sand
To let me make my footprints back again.
The wind gently touched my face
And silently whispered…..
“ Honey, you have to face….
the truth and reality you have to embrace.”
Soft and hard sand I stepped on
Wondering what went wrong
You made them weird and unsightly….
All the way long.
As the days go by and the time went on
I walked back to the shore where I think I belong
To feel the breeze, to hear the sounds
The ones you made across the sand.
You are so calm, so serene
As if there’s no obstacles in between
You gently swept the sand
To make a beautiful and smooth land.
You are the waves…..
I am the sand…..
Ms. Lorcelie (Lorie) Tenorio
26 September 2007
Lorcelie A Tenorio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Waves Along The Shore by Lorcelie A Tenorio )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow