The voice of the mind..
The Voice of the mind speaks,
What it sees, feels and hears,
The voice unheard to the outsiders,
But very audible to the owners,
Nagging as a small vulnerable child,
Pestering for the attention,
Warning as the traffic lights at every junction,
What to do and what not to do at once,
When we have to slow down and pacify ourselves,
Roaring as the lonely lion, troubling our hearts,
As it is caged in the secured dark dungeon,
It likes to slave us to punish for keeping it,
As our companion, the moment we wake up,
In the middle of the night, it starts to sum up,
Of the past, present and the future,
Can’t mute it for a while when we are awake,
Should we have to listen to you?
You are the unbearable pain,
Holding the danger signs,
You wouldn’t let us to move forward,
Or move backward, you let us,
Stand on the spot to circle,
With the same old thoughts,
Can’t escape from its piercing claws,
Voice of the mind, always haunts us.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The voice of the mind.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner