you rip the smile off,
from the face of a sleeping Buddha.
It was time
to start digging a weeping
hole in the grave of an ancient-
god who would not wake up
after you found blood on the knife.
What was your mandate
after finding the turmoil
in the tunnel for light?
The life sentence passed on
to vultures will give the
corpse a chance to live.
On one side were the angles
developing the spatial memory.
On other side you were
sitting in a cage.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE VERDICT by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Warning Sign, paul bamberger
- I give up, August Wane
- Oh God If We Must, mary douglas
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie