you rip the smile off,
from the face of a sleeping Buddha.
It was time
to start digging a weeping
hole in the grave of an ancient-
god who would not wake up
after you found blood on the knife.
What was your mandate
after finding the turmoil
in the tunnel for light?
The life sentence passed on
to vultures will give the
corpse a chance to live.
On one side were the angles
developing the spatial memory.
On other side you were
sitting in a cage.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE VERDICT by Satish Verma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- अब भूल जाना है दिल की सुनना - ab bhul ja.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Himself a PoetSittng, Daniel Brick
- Losing the Touch, Kim Barney
- [ABC]Watch Pretty Little Liars Season 5 .., Renz Barns
- Australia Day - 26 January 2015, Danny Draper
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss