Chuck Ringquist Jr
The Truth In Dreams
A memory etched in the echoes of time though fate and fabrication.
The mind knows no bounds of emotion and elation.
What was once warm and welcoming, now cold and contemplating.
What was the memory you held close, now slowly fading.
Take it upon you to remember what was dear.
The inevitable end of reality is always drawing near.
Let her voice sing to you, reminding you that nothing is lost.
Yet never forget that warm summer's night despite any cost.
We are told to leave history behind and move onward ever faster.
Reminded to travel forward, our futures we should master.
But truth be told, the further we move on,
The more we drift apart becoming the prodigal wayward son.
Who are we if we don't remember the past?
Soulless husks, just another form in the mass.
Take it upon yourselves to heed my words of warning.
The only way to know yourself is to dream through the morning.
Make life your own and never wake up.
Feel what is truth deep within your gut.
Follow you heart through every desire.
Because in the end, reality is the true liar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth In Dreams by Chuck Ringquist Jr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...