Chuck Ringquist Jr
The Truth In Dreams
A memory etched in the echoes of time though fate and fabrication.
The mind knows no bounds of emotion and elation.
What was once warm and welcoming, now cold and contemplating.
What was the memory you held close, now slowly fading.
Take it upon you to remember what was dear.
The inevitable end of reality is always drawing near.
Let her voice sing to you, reminding you that nothing is lost.
Yet never forget that warm summer's night despite any cost.
We are told to leave history behind and move onward ever faster.
Reminded to travel forward, our futures we should master.
But truth be told, the further we move on,
The more we drift apart becoming the prodigal wayward son.
Who are we if we don't remember the past?
Soulless husks, just another form in the mass.
Take it upon yourselves to heed my words of warning.
The only way to know yourself is to dream through the morning.
Make life your own and never wake up.
Feel what is truth deep within your gut.
Follow you heart through every desire.
Because in the end, reality is the true liar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth In Dreams by Chuck Ringquist Jr )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland