Glen Martin Fitch
THE TRUE TEST or OUR SECOND DATE
We'll enter an arena of delight
to satisfy a primal need.
But while excited,
yet, my love,
I dread tonight.
We'll meet each other's
sense of taste and style.
and our future
will unfold in every gesture.
Start this- you or I?
The old traditions
now no longer hold.
We all can be a Master
or can try.
Risk repas critique?
By now we're well past
going by the book.
Will knowledge, judgment
or technique decide,
or just a pinch
or twist or look?
Our first adventure.
Well, it's me or you.
We'll see now,
who's the chef, and
who's the sous?
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE TRUE TEST or OUR SECOND DATE by Glen Martin Fitch )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)