Farīd ud-Dīn Attar Abū Hamīd bin Abū Bakr Ibrāhīm
The Triumph of the Soul
Joy! Joy! I triumph! Now no more I know
Myself as simply me. I burn with love
Unto myself, and bury me in love.
The centre is within me and its wonder
Lies as a circle everywhere about me.
Joy! Joy! No mortal thought can fathom me.
I am the merchant and the pearl at once.
Lo, Time and Space lie crouching at my feet.
Joy! Joy! When I would reveal in a rapture.
I plunge into myself and all things know.
Farīd ud-Dīn Attar Abū Hamīd bin Abū Bakr Ibrāhī's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Triumph of the Soul by Farīd ud-Dīn Attar Abū Hamīd bin Abū Bakr Ibrāhīm )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai
- Santa, Nassy Fesharaki
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney