The Tide Has Turned
Raise a glass, a mug the cup.
Eight one down, doom and gloom.
Backs against the walls
The call goes out not for Cook, Shackleton or Drake
But the golden boy, Sir Ben Ainslie.
One of Cornwall’s finest
The master tactician
Reader of winds.
A tweak here, a gibe there.
Knots gained a new wave washes over the team.
The tide has turned.
It all black for the Kiwis
Defeated to the last.
Sir Ben Ainslie savour of the USA Oracle team.
He masterminded the greatest turnaround of modern sports.
Winner of the America’s Cup.
Raise a glass, a mug, the Cup
Let’s hope he can bring it home!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tide Has Turned by Keith Brokenshire )
- Having Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gardener, Naveed Khalid
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- Radiant Night, Lilly Emery
- Christmas Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Keyboards Of Inner Piety, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You & I, Naveed Khalid
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak