The Survival Of The Weakest!
The greens of land,
Four seasoned and broad,
Cows silently graze,
Not looking at the bulls,
Injected to get thrilled,
But they say these cows can produce,
Two liters of water and fatty solute,
Hearing of the printing machine,
Creating of wealth of two dollars per head,
If kept in the stores to rest,
The termites may eat and excrete.
What a great places these are!
The towns are carpeted with black hair,
Oceans of emotions, many loan sharks lurk,
They have the cows, gazing at the bulls,
Skeletal and skinny in structure,
the teats at the fat less udders,
What a magic it is! what a magic it is!
These cows can produce five liters,
Those cows can produce seven liters,
Loaded containers arrive with dollars,
Of fishing hooks to suck out the blood,
The cows of the government bonds,
Let them mature and let our kids malnourished.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Survival Of The Weakest! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- The Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Split-second, Marshall Gass
- Refusing To Wear Masks, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- She- the Lighthouse!, Marshall Gass
- apex, Cee Bea
- Darkness, Kumar Aggarwal
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
- Racers, Nassy Fesharaki
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)