The Sky: Wept
I remember the day,
Our ways diverged,
Our tears tumbled,
Into the lake and united.
The day we left hands,
Our feelings met.
The day we cried
And the sky: wept.
The air hung with moisture,
The sun under cloud cover.
The moon hid,
The clouds shed tears,
Tears turning to water.
I’ll never forget the day
Along with us, when,
The sky: wept.
(The author of this poem is Ms. Prachi Agrawal.It was originally written in Hindi by the name 'Roya Tha Aasmaan' and is translated to English by me. This poem has been published here with her due permission taken by me personally)
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sky: Wept by Isabella Francis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford