The Shining Star
The moon stayed all the night
Behind a black curtain of inflaming fire,
While a passing cloud did veil every beam,
And drove away all night's charm;
Left in the whole sight nothing
But one only shining star
That sent a dim light to the eye.
Then in a jiffy,
I heard a whining voice echoing everywhere,
And as I drew the curtain aside
I still could see nothing,
But as I shifted my eye to the dark sky
I found the only shining star and night's luster
Have all passed away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shining Star by inas essa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola