Far upon the rising waves
the rolling sea gives way
to sunset far, accomplishing
the end of restless day.
The life within the ocean
glides effortly; at peace.
A fading light of glowing sun
starts, quickly, to decrease.
The moon above the water,
the shine of twinkl'ng specks,
luminous and silent light
from countless stars reflect.
The sound of rolling power
from the crashing waves beneath
produces majesty and strength;
a deep, blue graceful heath.
And, as the grandeur of the sea
surrounds a calming mind,
the wind and salty air pass by;
while soul and Earth align.
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sea by Mandi June )
- 구미(구미) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구(대구) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙대구 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 ANMA ¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿ 대구 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- Woods, Only Woods, Hollywood, Bollywood,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Drunkard Saheb Lying Fallen And His .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Circles, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Oxygen of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Orospu, Muzaffer Akin
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)