Far upon the rising waves
the rolling sea gives way
to sunset far, accomplishing
the end of restless day.
The life within the ocean
glides effortly; at peace.
A fading light of glowing sun
starts, quickly, to decrease.
The moon above the water,
the shine of twinkl'ng specks,
luminous and silent light
from countless stars reflect.
The sound of rolling power
from the crashing waves beneath
produces majesty and strength;
a deep, blue graceful heath.
And, as the grandeur of the sea
surrounds a calming mind,
the wind and salty air pass by;
while soul and Earth align.
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sea by Mandi June )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI