Far upon the rising waves
the rolling sea gives way
to sunset far, accomplishing
the end of restless day.
The life within the ocean
glides effortly; at peace.
A fading light of glowing sun
starts, quickly, to decrease.
The moon above the water,
the shine of twinkl'ng specks,
luminous and silent light
from countless stars reflect.
The sound of rolling power
from the crashing waves beneath
produces majesty and strength;
a deep, blue graceful heath.
And, as the grandeur of the sea
surrounds a calming mind,
the wind and salty air pass by;
while soul and Earth align.
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sea by Mandi June )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Wondrous Journey (Reincarnation), Ronald Chapman
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina