The Proudest Girl In The World
one day there was a proud girl
not so proud as scared of the new rules
she was raised by the old ones, she believed in the right things to do..
you seemed wrong..
one day you showed her the way
she learned the new rules.. she understood..
wrong was only in the eyes of the one making the justice
you were right..
one day she gave up her pride..
in exchange for you.. with a silent hope you would understand
she can play by your rules.. at the risk of losing
she had already lost..
one day she saw her..
and she felt so unworthy of having you..
because she was not a girl to make you proud to have
she just would have been the proudest girl in the world to have owned you...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Proudest Girl In The World by Cristina Geanta )
Did you read them?
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)