The Proudest Girl In The World
one day there was a proud girl
not so proud as scared of the new rules
she was raised by the old ones, she believed in the right things to do..
you seemed wrong..
one day you showed her the way
she learned the new rules.. she understood..
wrong was only in the eyes of the one making the justice
you were right..
one day she gave up her pride..
in exchange for you.. with a silent hope you would understand
she can play by your rules.. at the risk of losing
she had already lost..
one day she saw her..
and she felt so unworthy of having you..
because she was not a girl to make you proud to have
she just would have been the proudest girl in the world to have owned you...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Proudest Girl In The World by Cristina Geanta )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth
- Life lesson, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Silence Is Monk, sallam yassin
- You are not mine, Kelly Curiel
- Faces on Parade, Gerry Legister
- By the Way..., Sandra Feldman
- Art, Breanna Choma
- ask, laxami Cards
- Acceptable Efforts, Lawrence S. Pertillar