The People Decide
The people decided and voted for UKIP
Who made big waves that rocked the ship
Of main parties now wounded and feeling sore.
The TV's full of politics and becoming a bore.
Now it's all over bar the accusing & shouting
With new politicians strutting around pouting.
Look, we now have new kids on the block
In four years' time they too may get a shock.
The schools will still open & busses still run
With street lights not working creating such fun
And bouncing into potholes that remain unrepaired
And the angry public making politicians run scared.
Of long debates in the council chamber each evening
And lengthly discussions forming the basis for reasoning
With delicate Town Hall flowers all neatly arranged
We get another four years when nothing has changed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The People Decide by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage