The Only Two People in the World
He saw past the blemishes in me
that others scorned me for,
My outer skin he would not see,
He only saw what was in my heart's core.
He paid no heed to what others said,
My words were all he ever heard.
It mattered not that others stared.
To him, we were the only two people in the world.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Only Two People in the World by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher