The Narrow Road
Teach me how to write, where to travel, what to say
So that I can best behave
Like a school boy in the school of life,
Always forever until I die, learn the living art
The art of love with full compassion while ignoring my own need
The need for a companion someone to confide daily little things
That no one else cares about except his close friend
For I couldn't climb up the nearby hill to pray
I don't have Gethsemane for my emotions in solitude being displayed
I don't have a Lazarus or John who was willing to console and listen
I did wander most of the night to look for your love while drifting in and out of sleep
May I talk to someone close, not to my heart as it was reserved alone for you
But close to my low level of childish understanding
So I could receive some human comfort
Together with your Divine comfort.
Long ago you have sent your disciples out by pair
May I travel the road you have assigned for me not in lonely despair
But with one soul, who never answers back, simply listen
to this lonely heathenish believer.
Is it ok, my Lord, my Love?
If not, it is ok with me too
I just confide my concerns and worries
To you alone, my Lord.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Narrow Road by Don Nguyen )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland