The Modern World.
Its all a lie
they tie everything up in a cute knot
show you smily faces on t-shirts
shoes with badges and shiny lights
phones that make funny noises
and play funny videos
t.v shows with poeple who are much better off
but have 'so many problems'
singing shows where they all sound the same
and all have a had bad time in life.
The modern world fokes
a place where your given everything you want
everything you want in a nice shiny box
for a nice shiny price
it puts a large bright smile on your face
and a nice sum in the owners pockets
and they want more
they always come back for more.
The wants of the modern world
all in line
all waiting for the next bargin
are we all happy people
all in line
all under one command
buy, buy, buy
and they will keep selling
all for the good of the poeple
and the pockets of the powerful
stand in line
we have everything you need.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Modern World. by Steven Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar
- Burying His Own, Masereka Amos
- the life ring doesn't fit, Mandolyn ...
- Unspoken Harmony, F. J. Thomas
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Haiku: Lessons Taught To Me By Women, Brian Johnston
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown