The Lord's Property
Beware you schemers and men of folly
When with vile intent you do injury
To this child of God, for I'm His property-
And He deals with anyone who treats me unjustly!
I declare God my Refuge, my Avenger!
He knows and He sees your soul and your heart-
And to the Guilty He brings Judgment there
No escape from the Almighty, so from evil- depart!
I have seen how His Power has held me through the years
How my enemies went down and were dealt with heavily,
'I will curse those who curse you, ' His Word is so clear
And I've always seen them true quite fearfully!
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lord's Property by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- The fingers which bath the children!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The shirt which we did not buy, Palas Kumar Ray
- Grief (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- At Dannemora Prison, Richard Provencher
- INNOCENT PRISIONER, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Watchman, Pijush Biswas
- Veni, Vidi, Vici. Okay?, Dylan Attard
- We are merely onlookers anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We are merely onlookers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
- Philip Booth
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)