Richard Netherland Cook
The Joy of Christmas
IN the wee small hours of Christmas morn,
While parents are in their bed sleeping,
In the dim light of the Christmas Tree,
Two shadowy forms are creeping.
Down the stair and across the room,
Quiet and hushed, anticipating,
Two little ones can barely wait,
To see what surprise is waiting.
Suddenly a burst of joy,
Faces light up with glee,
Wrapped up gifts and lots of toys,
Are there beneath the tree.
Excitement sparkles in sleepy eyes,
Each face is a sheer delight,
The air is magic on Christmas morn,
For Santa came last night.
The joy of Christmas comes once a year,
And my heart always embraces,
The Christmas spirit and all the joy,
It brings to little faces.
By Richard Netherland Cook
Richard Netherland Cook's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Joy of Christmas by Richard Netherland Cook )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)