The Job I Used To Love
My days are getting shorter and shorter
my stress is getting bigger and bigger
I feel so tired, I wanna go home and sleep till tomorrow
when I finally do get bed at night, all i can think is what I'll face tomorrow
I used love my job, I still do,
but lately its taken so much out of me that I barely work anymore.
I wish I could go back to old days where I was just a student.
where I was still learning, preparing for beloved job.
And this time I will make sure I prepare harder
So I can handle the stress better.
And tomorrow will be just another day
And today will never come back.
Ganesh Umashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Job I Used To Love by Ganesh Umashankar )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore