The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) !
It is easy to preach ideals to others.
The people engage in animal-protection eat chicken, meat and fish.
The people who fight and canvass against drinking habit among lower classes will get refreshed with a peg of wine after a day's strenuous preaching.
The people who talk about atrocities against women will live in live-in partnerships and or will not have harmonious relationships and do not take care of women-folk in their homes; rather work against them (the in-laws) .
The champions of human rights themselves do not care for the rights of rest of people around them or nations around them.
Spiritual preaching has become a corporate business management. And the preachers never care themselves to practice what they preach.
Many of these preachers think that preaching is only for others.
The urge to preach is like getting itched.
Every one of us know what to do or what not to do. Why these NGOs and self-proclaimed 'well-wishers of humanity' 'strive' so much and waste their and our time?
It has become a profession and fashion to preach.
Let the charity begin at home. Let the passion to 'strive' for others' regimentation start with us and our practice..
Let us mind our business. Others will mind theirs.
Varanasi Ramabrahmam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) ! by Varanasi Ramabrahmam )
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)