The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) !
It is easy to preach ideals to others.
The people engage in animal-protection eat chicken, meat and fish.
The people who fight and canvass against drinking habit among lower classes will get refreshed with a peg of wine after a day's strenuous preaching.
The people who talk about atrocities against women will live in live-in partnerships and or will not have harmonious relationships and do not take care of women-folk in their homes; rather work against them (the in-laws) .
The champions of human rights themselves do not care for the rights of rest of people around them or nations around them.
Spiritual preaching has become a corporate business management. And the preachers never care themselves to practice what they preach.
Many of these preachers think that preaching is only for others.
The urge to preach is like getting itched.
Every one of us know what to do or what not to do. Why these NGOs and self-proclaimed 'well-wishers of humanity' 'strive' so much and waste their and our time?
It has become a profession and fashion to preach.
Let the charity begin at home. Let the passion to 'strive' for others' regimentation start with us and our practice..
Let us mind our business. Others will mind theirs.
Varanasi Ramabrahmam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) ! by Varanasi Ramabrahmam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones