The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) !
It is easy to preach ideals to others.
The people engage in animal-protection eat chicken, meat and fish.
The people who fight and canvass against drinking habit among lower classes will get refreshed with a peg of wine after a day's strenuous preaching.
The people who talk about atrocities against women will live in live-in partnerships and or will not have harmonious relationships and do not take care of women-folk in their homes; rather work against them (the in-laws) .
The champions of human rights themselves do not care for the rights of rest of people around them or nations around them.
Spiritual preaching has become a corporate business management. And the preachers never care themselves to practice what they preach.
Many of these preachers think that preaching is only for others.
The urge to preach is like getting itched.
Every one of us know what to do or what not to do. Why these NGOs and self-proclaimed 'well-wishers of humanity' 'strive' so much and waste their and our time?
It has become a profession and fashion to preach.
Let the charity begin at home. Let the passion to 'strive' for others' regimentation start with us and our practice..
Let us mind our business. Others will mind theirs.
Varanasi Ramabrahmam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Itch for Preaching (Opinion) ! by Varanasi Ramabrahmam )
- Lewdness, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sherman Mark, Kim Barney
- Add, adduce!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kiss Is Gone Scarce, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- 148. To Miss Logan, with Beattie's Poems, Robert Burns
- In Memory Of My Mother- An elegy, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- Hindi haiku 23 oct, S.D. TIWARI
- It's Me: A Woman, Afshan Fatima
- Fortress, Edward Kofi Louis
- 152. Extempore in the Court of Session, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)