The Heroes Of My Schoolgoing Days
In cemeteries far north of here thousands of miles away
The heroes of my school going days in eternal rest now lay
They were not famous as fame goes their's was a local fame
But they felt proud of who they were and proud of their good name.
The heroes of my school going days were always kind of heart
And in a worthy local cause they always played their part
They never were the type of folk to kick one who was down
They were the unsung heroines and heroes of the Parish and the Town.
The mentors of my childhood years I think of them today
From anyone in trouble they never turned and walked away
They were the type of people who would help you if they could
And their hearts were full of kindness in them there was so much good.
The heroes of my schoolgoing days I never did forget
In life we admired them and we mourned for them in death
They led by good example and inspiration from them we drew
And to life's higher principles to their end they remained true.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Heroes Of My Schoolgoing Days by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro