The Haunting Smell
Not a thought that me haunts,
That in fiery times me lends
Respite from hell.
It’s no fragrance wafted in air
No sweet scent,
It I feel right there
As healer of torment.
I smelled it first
From my time in her cavern
It was to begin my thirst
For the love of a woman.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Haunting Smell by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Monoku, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Poem On Behalf Of Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- With prayers, hasmukh amathalal
- Everywhere I Go, Luc Leclaire
- Mississippi Moments, Connie Marcum Wong