The garden king
In grandpa’s garden everything grows
with love that overflows.
There are flowers in various assortments,
they grow higher than I have ever seen
and butterflies and bees are everywhere.
This is a garden where fairies may hide.
it bounds you, it bewitches you,
it makes you believe
that you do see gnomes and fairies
dancing around the toad stools.
His vegetables grow so big
that they must have been the ones
that was used in the fairy tales.
These are the kind of pumpkins
that was transformed into Cinderella’s coach
and I have seen a few mousses eating on tomatoes
and grandpa said that he does not care,
as he has got enough to share.
His spinach will make you as strong as Popeye
and he plants a few chillies just for the bite.
The birds do love grandpa’s garden
as he do always put some extra tomatoes out for them
and if you look you will find
grandpa helping the gnomes to keep the garden clean
and that is why the birds and the bees,
the flowers and the trees,
the gnomes and the fairies
and the bugs and everything
that lives in his garden,
even the mice,
have crowned my grandfather
the garden king.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The garden king by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rail Blaze, Thomas Plotz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)