the first thing i would do
If I were a ferocious panther the first thing I would do; was devour my
with unprecedented relish,
Then sleep in my den in the heart of the jungle cloistered from acrid
impregnating the atmosphere with my snores.
If I were an inconspicuous mosquito the first thing I would do; was to
parsimonious amounts of blood from supple complexioned flesh,
Then buzz incessantly in vicinity of the eardrum; driving the
the threshold of raw indignation.
If I were a long legged spider the first thing I would do; was to weave
silken web with the sticky gel in my belly,
Then patiently wait for innocuous insects to get trapped in; before
pulverizing them to succulent pulp.
If I were a handsome grey lizard the first thing I would do; was to
pounce on my victim; strangulating it with my coherently synchronized
Then perching myself in hidden cavities of the tube light; laboriously
swallow my sumptuous meal.
If I were an indolent cow grazing on the hills the first thing I would
to munch lush green grass protruding from the soil,
Then spend marathon hours chewing the same; succeeded by an afternoon
with the sun shining in my eyes.
If I were a preposterously huge elephant wandering through the swampy
the first thing I would do; was submerge my trunk in water; evacuating
colossal amounts of the solvent,
Then sprinkling the same with equanimity and brute power; on all
If I were a disdainfully colored cockroach the first thing I would do;
swish my tentacles rampantly in exuberance,
Then cling as tightly as possible to inner seams of the lavatory seat;
for dawn to descend in utter exasperation.
If I were a enchanting cuckoo the first thing I would do; was to
vocal chords deep down in my throat,
Inundating the ambience with melodious music; profoundly enjoying the
aftermath of the same.
If I were a heinous criminal the first thing I would do; was to
Stripping the overwhelmingly rich of their affluence; philandering all
throughout the night under sleazy lights of the blaring discotheque.
If I were a normal human being the first thing I would do; was to find
inevitable love of my life,
Incarcerate the same for the remaining time till I breathed air;
entire time towards protection of her being.
And If I were the omniscient creator the first thing I would do; was to
annihilate all poverty and suffering,
Make sure that all those living continued to live in perpetual
for decades immemorial.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the first thing i would do by Nikhil Parekh )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Sir Walter Scott
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal
- God Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Further, Michael P. McParland
- Fulfillment, Michael P. McParland
- Frustration, Michael P. McParland
- Psycho Babble Scribble Squabble And Scra.., Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Free, Michael P. McParland
- Forgotten, Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me?, Michael P. McParland