The Enigma of Content
In a dream of no more content
expectation of disturbance
upsets that dream of content.
shows content non-existent
in the absence of content.
There's a problem in saying, 'They're hollow,
for whom content is content.'
But no such problem seems extant
for whom 'I am' is the same as 'I follow'.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Enigma of Content by douglas scotney )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- First Experience Living in the Literary .., Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- My Night and Morning Crap, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly