The Enigma of Content
In a dream of no more content
expectation of disturbance
upsets that dream of content.
shows content non-existent
in the absence of content.
There's a problem in saying, 'They're hollow,
for whom content is content.'
But no such problem seems extant
for whom 'I am' is the same as 'I follow'.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Enigma of Content by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar