The Empty Sky
The scarlet rosy moon hangs over the escarpment
of the purple rinsed mountains
as if it was painted in the sky
and over the villa the stars glisten and glimmer
as if they are diamond dust.
The night is filled with expectation.
Jasmine perfumed air rushes through the window
and the night is warm and destined for something great.
Amber light flickers from the candle
in the big lounge of the villa.
An acoustic guitar is playing
and a flamingo dancer is dancing
in the corner of the room.
The scarlet dress lifts high up
and folds and falls between her legs
as the rhythm of the castanets mingle
with the sound of the guitar
and with her feet she stamps out the rhythm,
her black hair sways around her
and while the music transforms the atmosphere
she becomes the night.
Her perfume fills the room like jasmine and roses,
her eyes glisten like the amber of the candle light
while the scarlet moon and scarlet dress becomes one,
interwoven with the rhythm of the night
and nobody notices that the sky is empty
while the only thing that is heard
is the rhythm of the castanets and the guitar,
the feet dancing on the floor.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Empty Sky by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Foolligent [Fool + Intelligent], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Hope, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Searching for a Happy Heart, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Window, Md. Ziaul Haque
- ‘Watch' is a Celebrity!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Please Listen to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dashalogue - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Crazy or Genius?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ신도림오피녀 ⓑ구로오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- The Surma River, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- November, Thomas Hood
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Letter from Italy, Joseph Addison
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 January 1820 – 28 May 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)