The Day I Long For
The day I see the way,
To the light, which is so bright.
To see the ray of white light,
Shinning on me, a smile,
A tear of joy,
And my love on the other side of the way,
With the same feeling of love, safeness, and joy.
The day is mine,
His and my wedding day.
Butterfly’s in our stomachs,
Smiles on plastered faces,
Were happy, and cant see anyone else but each other.
And loving it.
The day is our wedding day.
The day I long for.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Day I Long For by Kara Bertsch )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni
- My Life Summed Up, Jay Ojha
- City Of Glass (Inflation), Arno Le Roux
- Life Is A Hopscotch Game, Arno Le Roux