Through dreary eyes I spy the lonesome figure of Misery, dancing in the shadows of darkness.
Her outstretched arms begging for a painful embrace.
I waste no time with small talk, I am in flight- An eagle on the prowl of the spectacular.
Resting on the flimsy branches of choice, I close my eyes to the spy that was me.
For how can I make it home-when I know not where my heart is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dawn by shahmill mcallister )
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt