The Boys inside
They come back almost losing shirt and shoe,
Breathe glow in flames of sports and laughter,
When it is still too hot to tell mother a joke or two,
They delight themselves in their usual manner.
The boys inside are locked up, live out their fears
In childhood days have more frequent dreams to hide,
The tears rein the stain that will grimly bear their fears
Illuminations from outside thrills the little lad inside.
A survivor or saviour, future glare where freedom share
Far flung fun optimism in different stages of the age,
Some tall and thin, others huggable bears free with flair
Encapsulates all the treasures found on earthly stage.
Giving courage in brutal weather deny soul and body
Live to tell the story again and take every chance they get
Never to surrender the sword of words clutch neatly
In heart, soul and mind, and all the learned intellect.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Boys inside by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A LITTLE BIT CRAZY, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey