The Boys inside
They come back almost losing shirt and shoe,
Breathe glow in flames of sports and laughter,
When it is still too hot to tell mother a joke or two,
They delight themselves in their usual manner.
The boys inside are locked up, live out their fears
In childhood days have more frequent dreams to hide,
The tears rein the stain that will grimly bear their fears
Illuminations from outside thrills the little lad inside.
A survivor or saviour, future glare where freedom share
Far flung fun optimism in different stages of the age,
Some tall and thin, others huggable bears free with flair
Encapsulates all the treasures found on earthly stage.
Giving courage in brutal weather deny soul and body
Live to tell the story again and take every chance they get
Never to surrender the sword of words clutch neatly
In heart, soul and mind, and all the learned intellect.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Boys inside by Gerry Legister )
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY