The 8-6-8-6 Guy
Yes, I'm the 8-6-8-6 guy!
Yes, poetry's my thing!
As long as God still bids me try,
New poems I must bring...
I'll write by day, I'll write by night,
Computer on the go,
I'll tap, tap, tap with all my might,
So that my verses flow...
Guess I'm just a writing machine,
Ideas still on my mind,
With pictures that can set the scene
So stories can unwind...
I don't know what I'm writing next,
I just sit still and wait,
For pretty soon I get the text
That rhyming words create...
The 8-6-8-6 style is nice,
From simple to sublime
And for short poems will suffice,
Quite well, most of the time...
When publishers accept my verse,
I can't help feeling proud,
So I'll share my world of wonders,
As long as I'm allowed...
My dreams and visions cross the globe,
From England to Japan,
It's almost like God's sharing hope
With every soul He can...
Perhaps He wants to use you, too!
If so, what will you write?
If you love God as He loves you,
He'll help you day and night!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The 8-6-8-6 Guy by Denis Martindale )
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)