The 8-6-8-6 Guy
Yes, I'm the 8-6-8-6 guy!
Yes, poetry's my thing!
As long as God still bids me try,
New poems I must bring...
I'll write by day, I'll write by night,
Computer on the go,
I'll tap, tap, tap with all my might,
So that my verses flow...
Guess I'm just a writing machine,
Ideas still on my mind,
With pictures that can set the scene
So stories can unwind...
I don't know what I'm writing next,
I just sit still and wait,
For pretty soon I get the text
That rhyming words create...
The 8-6-8-6 style is nice,
From simple to sublime
And for short poems will suffice,
Quite well, most of the time...
When publishers accept my verse,
I can't help feeling proud,
So I'll share my world of wonders,
As long as I'm allowed...
My dreams and visions cross the globe,
From England to Japan,
It's almost like God's sharing hope
With every soul He can...
Perhaps He wants to use you, too!
If so, what will you write?
If you love God as He loves you,
He'll help you day and night!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The 8-6-8-6 Guy by Denis Martindale )
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2013, Ronjoy Brahma
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- Anonymous, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)