The 8-6-8-6 Guy
Yes, I'm the 8-6-8-6 guy!
Yes, poetry's my thing!
As long as God still bids me try,
New poems I must bring...
I'll write by day, I'll write by night,
Computer on the go,
I'll tap, tap, tap with all my might,
So that my verses flow...
Guess I'm just a writing machine,
Ideas still on my mind,
With pictures that can set the scene
So stories can unwind...
I don't know what I'm writing next,
I just sit still and wait,
For pretty soon I get the text
That rhyming words create...
The 8-6-8-6 style is nice,
From simple to sublime
And for short poems will suffice,
Quite well, most of the time...
When publishers accept my verse,
I can't help feeling proud,
So I'll share my world of wonders,
As long as I'm allowed...
My dreams and visions cross the globe,
From England to Japan,
It's almost like God's sharing hope
With every soul He can...
Perhaps He wants to use you, too!
If so, what will you write?
If you love God as He loves you,
He'll help you day and night!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The 8-6-8-6 Guy by Denis Martindale )
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Trying To Play The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Dragons Of The Night, David Harris
- Spread Some Love, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Soar Where Those Poor Of Faith Reside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- He told the officers, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)