The 8-6-8-6 Guy
Yes, I'm the 8-6-8-6 guy!
Yes, poetry's my thing!
As long as God still bids me try,
New poems I must bring...
I'll write by day, I'll write by night,
Computer on the go,
I'll tap, tap, tap with all my might,
So that my verses flow...
Guess I'm just a writing machine,
Ideas still on my mind,
With pictures that can set the scene
So stories can unwind...
I don't know what I'm writing next,
I just sit still and wait,
For pretty soon I get the text
That rhyming words create...
The 8-6-8-6 style is nice,
From simple to sublime
And for short poems will suffice,
Quite well, most of the time...
When publishers accept my verse,
I can't help feeling proud,
So I'll share my world of wonders,
As long as I'm allowed...
My dreams and visions cross the globe,
From England to Japan,
It's almost like God's sharing hope
With every soul He can...
Perhaps He wants to use you, too!
If so, what will you write?
If you love God as He loves you,
He'll help you day and night!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The 8-6-8-6 Guy by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda