Lawrence S. Pertillar
That Which Is Fictioned
If only that which is fictioned,
Did not idolize to popularize corruption...
And its feeding of greed to glamorize it,
Less attractive would be the acceptance...
Upon those unconscious...
Seeking lives to fantasize.
Leaving reality and those attempting,
A recognized quality of life slipping away...
But remnants of it still exists,
To be kept safely protected from thieves...
And their desires to capitalize,
On fear, threats and increasing deceptions...
Created fresh on a daily basis to focus upon,
Filling over-stuffed pockets.
These activities can and could be stopped,
By those awakening with a conciousness...
And not gawking with their jaws dropped.
With a determination to chase away...
Every sign that represents a worshipping of delusion.
And that which has been fictioned,
Eliminated from minds hypnotized and medicated...
To accept beliefs that bring them more grief,
Than a happiness denied from overdosing on lies.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Which Is Fictioned by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar