Lawrence S. Pertillar
That Which Is Fictioned
If only that which is fictioned,
Did not idolize to popularize corruption...
And its feeding of greed to glamorize it,
Less attractive would be the acceptance...
Upon those unconscious...
Seeking lives to fantasize.
Leaving reality and those attempting,
A recognized quality of life slipping away...
But remnants of it still exists,
To be kept safely protected from thieves...
And their desires to capitalize,
On fear, threats and increasing deceptions...
Created fresh on a daily basis to focus upon,
Filling over-stuffed pockets.
These activities can and could be stopped,
By those awakening with a conciousness...
And not gawking with their jaws dropped.
With a determination to chase away...
Every sign that represents a worshipping of delusion.
And that which has been fictioned,
Eliminated from minds hypnotized and medicated...
To accept beliefs that bring them more grief,
Than a happiness denied from overdosing on lies.
Topic of this poem: life
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Which Is Fictioned by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Philosophy, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Trinmul Congress Party Will Definite.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Bulls, I Mean The Communists, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee