Ferdinand L Quintos
That Day You Left
Your face showed such a big surprise
That no tears fell down from my eyes
when I heard you whisper goodbye,
all there was was a shallow sigh.
All you saw was a broad smile
that hang on my lips for a while
as I watched you walk quite fast,
sign that all we had was then past.
Surely you found my acts strange,
no, they did not show any change
always you said you know me well,
but not quite well, now I will tell.
You saw my face but not my mind
the love I vowed yet there I find,
thoughts for your weal still remain,
go, seek new world, leave me the pain.
Ferdinand L Quintos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Day You Left by Ferdinand L Quintos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai