Thanks For Remembering Us
The flowers sent here by mistake,
signed with a name that no one knew,
are turning bad. What shall we do?
Our neighbor says they're not for her,
and no one has a birthday near.
We should thank someone for the blunder.
Is one of us having an affair?
At first we laugh, and then we wonder.
The iris was the first to die,
enshrouded in its sickly-sweet
and lingering perfume. The roses
fell one petal at a time,
and now the ferns are turning dry.
The room smells like a funeral,
but there they sit, too much at home,
accusing us of some small crime,
like love forgotten, and we can't
throw out a gift we've never owned.
cheyenne mccartney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks For Remembering Us by cheyenne mccartney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -51, Ronjoy Brahma