The Lord is holy, inspiring, forgiving and good
Where the Devil is wicked, hateful and cruel.
We must learn to shun the lure of temptation
To avoid becoming lost, forsaken and a fool.
Temptation was never meant to be a sin
But acting against God defies His will.
King David hungered for Queen Bathsheba
As Eve reached for forbidden fruit to fulfill.
Our Creator designed us in His own image
Always knowing what we lust and long for.
He has promised to bless us by what gives the most
Deliverance from sin, doubt, fear, hate, greed and more.
God’s Poet Tom Zart
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEMPTATION by Tom Zart )
Did you read them?
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
- Friend-Zoned, Foster Teegarden
- My chidhood poem collection -1, soulful heart
- Switch Your Words, inas essa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)