The Lord is holy, inspiring, forgiving and good
Where the Devil is wicked, hateful and cruel.
We must learn to shun the lure of temptation
To avoid becoming lost, forsaken and a fool.
Temptation was never meant to be a sin
But acting against God defies His will.
King David hungered for Queen Bathsheba
As Eve reached for forbidden fruit to fulfill.
Our Creator designed us in His own image
Always knowing what we lust and long for.
He has promised to bless us by what gives the most
Deliverance from sin, doubt, fear, hate, greed and more.
God’s Poet Tom Zart
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEMPTATION by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford
- A Stone In Her Stream, George Dee Vuy