The Lord is holy, inspiring, forgiving and good
Where the Devil is wicked, hateful and cruel.
We must learn to shun the lure of temptation
To avoid becoming lost, forsaken and a fool.
Temptation was never meant to be a sin
But acting against God defies His will.
King David hungered for Queen Bathsheba
As Eve reached for forbidden fruit to fulfill.
Our Creator designed us in His own image
Always knowing what we lust and long for.
He has promised to bless us by what gives the most
Deliverance from sin, doubt, fear, hate, greed and more.
God’s Poet Tom Zart
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEMPTATION by Tom Zart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer