Temper Of The Night
In these grounds and fields and rural area,
A dark, unlighted estate remains shadowy
Under the moonless sky of the night.
It surprises us as it is dingy, pitch-black,
And the dank air remains to be heard,
Chilly and musty, moist and wet, so unaired.
The bleak desert surrounds as the stars blink,
This stark, arid spot is worn by the rich-at- night,
Gloomy fears appear, to be stunning the sombre air.
It is indeed dreary, and cheerless, for it is dismal
And uninviting to the commonwealth under the sun
And straight stars, humour astounds the head.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temper Of The Night by Naveed Akram )
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar
- What a scene, hasmukh amathalal
- Pastoral, Naveed Khalid
- I feel autumn, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tribute To Love, Naveed Khalid
- All Time Poet, Akhtar Jawad
- Carnival, Naveed Khalid