Temper Of The Night
In these grounds and fields and rural area,
A dark, unlighted estate remains shadowy
Under the moonless sky of the night.
It surprises us as it is dingy, pitch-black,
And the dank air remains to be heard,
Chilly and musty, moist and wet, so unaired.
The bleak desert surrounds as the stars blink,
This stark, arid spot is worn by the rich-at- night,
Gloomy fears appear, to be stunning the sombre air.
It is indeed dreary, and cheerless, for it is dismal
And uninviting to the commonwealth under the sun
And straight stars, humour astounds the head.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temper Of The Night by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel