Temper Of The Night
In these grounds and fields and rural area,
A dark, unlighted estate remains shadowy
Under the moonless sky of the night.
It surprises us as it is dingy, pitch-black,
And the dank air remains to be heard,
Chilly and musty, moist and wet, so unaired.
The bleak desert surrounds as the stars blink,
This stark, arid spot is worn by the rich-at- night,
Gloomy fears appear, to be stunning the sombre air.
It is indeed dreary, and cheerless, for it is dismal
And uninviting to the commonwealth under the sun
And straight stars, humour astounds the head.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temper Of The Night by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life may move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, you are poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery