Tell me a story,
Tell me a story, And what I want to hear,
About a king in the Bible, of Saul and his spear;
He wanted to kill David, but David spared his life,
While Saul was asleep, David took the jug, spear, to show
Saul that he was near.
Please tell me a story, Of Esther the Jewish queen,
And of uncle mordecai, and Haman who was mean;
Wicked Haman hated, the Jews, and wanted them dead,
But he got his punishment, to be hung by his head.
Tell me another story, of Jonah and the whale,
When God said 'go to Ninevah, he needed a kick in his tale;
He ran the other way, then caught a large ship,
But; when a storm blew up, but he got the flip.
Tell me one more story, before I get off to bed,
How Jesus talked to a crowd, and food they were fed;
There were 5,000 people, and only 5 loaves, and two fish,
It was a miracle of Jesus, and not just an answer to a wish.
margaret haig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tell me a story, by margaret haig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal