Tales From Moonlight
There was a star in the sky,
Smaller than every other star.
It use to show its triangles
of queenly brightness.
It's gaily lucency neighboured the multiple morns.
It tried to subdue the moonlight
and exile the sentry of the night.
It doesn't traipse as the moon
but floats without wings in the cool sky.
It quested for the sun
but there was only dankness for it.
Sometime it dies, when the traveling cloud
does not go beyond it.
But it lived after a moment.
It suffused its silhouette like tarantula webs.
And owlishly quenched men darkness.
I moonlight, palimpsest ruler seats
When it died and died again.
Then I knew that little star to be a satellite.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tales From Moonlight by Ebi Robert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma