Jerryman Appiahene Gyamfi
Sylvia II (My Eternal Dame)
From that look –
Flawless seraphic stare,
In whose warmth
My very soul rejoices –
Comes my solace.
Amidst that aura –
Whose mysterious touch
Reels me out of my deep slough –
Resides my redemption.
Then, from an appalled soul,
I cry out
In shattering racket
My guilt of unworthiness
To deaf-muted Heavens.
For I have not a dime,
Nor possessions, nor fine arts
Worthy of thee
Than to keep the flames
Of my love perpetual.
So, with unrelenting strength,
I'm drowning my desires
To catch eye with you, grin and say,
“Hello my eternal dame,
How gracious thou art”,
And ride on the wheels of love –
Like Damon and Pythias –
The miles of this fleeting life
Hand in hand, with your head
Proudly resting upon my shoulder;
For that which is gained
Is meant to be lost;
And the moment I hold you
In my enfeebled arms,
The very moment Fate,
With a heart weighed down
With envy, grudge
Us our love – our paradise –
And sever asunder
Our souls into weariness.
But who is man to dispute
The savagery of his Master?
And so I bow my head
And forever sidle past you
In shadows of a stranger –
Not in fear, not in pusillanimity,
But in inevitable complaisance –
So as to wrought sempiternal
This vehement passion
For my eternal dame – you.
Jerryman Appiahene Gyamfi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sylvia II (My Eternal Dame) by Jerryman Appiahene Gyamfi )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch
- PH: Echo: Embracing The Future, Brian Johnston