Sheep run down and invent telephones for their
Own communication of sweet naturalness.
The dolphins of the world are now working fast,
The most successful horses of the sea.
They who lay eggs shall feed their old health,
Rocks roll now, lucks are carried headlong.
May the bridge be ruled inwardly, fully crafted,
Forcing the sparrows in the air to pour weight,
As gravity becomes the master of a mate,
Bravery confidently describes paintings of a future
And bones rotting shall defame us in the end.
Sheep also have tools that name us with their speech,
Telephoning is a sinful activity of the real inventions.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sheep by Naveed Akram )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)