Sunny Skies in Omagh
Sunny skies in Omagh
While cold blooded murderers prowled around.
Deprived the lives of many loved ones
While the dead lay on the ground.
As the horrifying news reached every home
Across the land and world-wide,
Protestants and Catholics
Sympathised with each other;
Side by side.
Unborn babies, young and old,
Rest in peace now
Sadly starts, slowly to unfold.
Families, in shock, wonder
If it us a nightmare
Could it actually be true,
What kind of human
Would do such a cruel deed-
Just tell me, who?
Hospitals were filled with victims
Who were injure in the blast.
Flowers were placed upon the bombsite
Mourners, still, flock past.
It was a bleak day for our country
On that sunny, August afternoon;
The peace we longed and craved for
Now, almost in total ruin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunny Skies in Omagh by mai venn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad