Sunny Skies in Omagh
Sunny skies in Omagh
While cold blooded murderers prowled around.
Deprived the lives of many loved ones
While the dead lay on the ground.
As the horrifying news reached every home
Across the land and world-wide,
Protestants and Catholics
Sympathised with each other;
Side by side.
Unborn babies, young and old,
Rest in peace now
Sadly starts, slowly to unfold.
Families, in shock, wonder
If it us a nightmare
Could it actually be true,
What kind of human
Would do such a cruel deed-
Just tell me, who?
Hospitals were filled with victims
Who were injure in the blast.
Flowers were placed upon the bombsite
Mourners, still, flock past.
It was a bleak day for our country
On that sunny, August afternoon;
The peace we longed and craved for
Now, almost in total ruin
mai venn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunny Skies in Omagh by mai venn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent